Get In The Ring
In the red corner … is geocaching’s heavyweight and everybody’s favourite, Groundspeak. And in the blue corner … brash contender Garmin, seeming out to topple the sporting veteran’s undefeated reign. There’s supposedly been bad blood between them since Groundspeak picked one of Garmin’s competitors to produce a cheap, family-friendly GPSr, the Geomate Junior. In round 2, Garmin struck back with the surprise release of its wireless geocaching device, the chirp. Groundspeak won round 3, relegating Garmin to the bottom of the table. Now in what may be the fight of the century, the GPSr manufacturer looks to be hitting back below the belt with its purchase of the Opencaching.com domain.
So, before the next bell rings, we’re asking you the fans to predict the outcome.
More questions to answer below…
- Garmin Chirp: Genius or Criminal? (itsnotaboutthenumbers.wordpress.com)
- Opencaching are watching… (itsnotaboutthenumbers.wordpress.com)
- Garmin vs Geocaching.com (itsnotaboutthenumbers.wordpress.com)
- Garmin Chirp gives you an edge in geocaching (blogs.consumerreports.org)
- Garmin – revenues are down; Opencaching.com – a new logo is up (itsnotaboutthenumbers.wordpress.com)
- Garminfone – the next great geocaching GPSr? (itsnotaboutthenumbers.wordpress.com)